My Life's List of 101 Things

Like so many others out there, I'm on a mission to complete 101 preset tasks in 1001 days. Can I do it? Tune in to find out.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

I Think I'm Ready Now

If you'll look below, you will notice that the last time I posted in this was Friday, July 21, 2006. Then nothing. The reason for this is that the next day, Saturday, July 22, 2006, my daughter Jules got diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes, followed by my daughter Abby's diagnosis, just three short weeks later. Needless to say, this list has really been the last thing on my mind. But those rare times when it did enter, I would go to this site and see that date. The BD(Before Diabetes) date. I guess part of me didn't want to ever post here again. Just leave that day, that life, frozen in cyberworld forever.

But time has passed, and life goes on. And so, must I.


**********************************************
# 12 - To video our new house's arrival. Check! It finally arrived on September 8th.
# 13 - Move into our new home and spend our first night in it. Check! Our first night here was October 28th.
# 14 - To have all the rooms in our house painted the colors I want. This one I'm actually surprised about. I thought it would have taken us much longer. But Jason and I spent many a night painting into the wee hours and ...Voila! Finito!
# 16 & # 17 - Decorate my new home for Halloween/Christmas for the first time. Done and done.
# 26 - To do something that I would normally feel guilty for without feeling guilty. This one could be crossed off many times. One of the perks of having a disease in the family is that it really helps you to prioritize!
# 32 - To grow my hair down past my shoulders. It was pretty much there by Jules' diagnosis but I got it cut off soon after. Too much work.
# 37 - But a queen sized bed. Check! And I must say it is wonderful!
# 38 - Sell the trailer. We did and it's gone. It was really quite sad to see it go. So many memories.
# 54 - Purchase a pellet stove and have it installed in our new home. It was installed on Halloween day. We love it. Throws great heat without the mess.
# 87 - Buy a new bathmat. Sure, this one didn't take much effort. But still....
# 94 - To find a charity that suits me. Boy did we ever? www.jdrf.ca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home