My Life's List of 101 Things

Like so many others out there, I'm on a mission to complete 101 preset tasks in 1001 days. Can I do it? Tune in to find out.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Update Time

#15 - Drink Lemonade on my front porch - I've done this many times over the last month. Granted it was Crystal Light Lemonade....but still counts!

# 22 - Print out pictures and frame them and put them in photo albums - Done and done. We bought a new canon printer for Christmas so I finally had ink again....but now it's gone. :(

# 27 - Start a new family tradition - (This is more of a hope category. I suppose one has to wait years to see if it actually takes.) We organized a giant yard sale to raise money for JDRF's Walk to Cure Diabetes. Raised $1000! I would like this event or at the very least participation in the walk and raising money for the cause, to be our new family tradition that we do every Spring.

#45 - Buy a new houseplant - I did this shortly after Christmas. I think it was in January. A palm tree. It's nice and tall. Looks great against my blue wall. Unfortunately it doesn't thrive well in our geographical location and I fear it is dying.

#59 - Stay out in the rain - Don't remember if this was intentional or not.....but it happened. lol.

#61 - Write or email a letter to a celebrity that I really admire - Not sure if this counts but I'm counting it anyway. I have commented several times on Wil Wheaton's and Rosie's blogs......no reply though. :(

# 71 - Go ice skating - I don't know if you could call what I did skating...but I was on the ice wearing ice skates. It had been quite a long time so to say I was a bit rusty would be an understatement.

#77 - Go out somewhere, drink and not have to be designated driver - This actually happened a few times. Sherry's work Christmas party, Raelene's house warming party, to name two. Neither time did I get really tipsy but still shouldn't drive.

# 78 - Go for a walk while it's snowing - Sure it was only over to Mom's...but was still enjoyable.

#80 - Buy my husband a present for Christmas - To most people this one would seem like a give-in, but not for us. We usually cannot afford such luxuries. This year, however, we threw caution to the wind and exchanged gifts. Very nice.

#88 - Call Judy and catch up - Ok. So I didn't actually call her...but I did add her to my facebook friends. lol. The modern phone call? And now we can see what is going on in each other's lives whenever we want.

#93 - Buy three new pairs of shoes - This actually happened at the same time! Imagine! For someone who never gets to buy herself anything this was quite the occasion. I actually bought 4 pairs of shoes! Two pairs of sandals, one dress shoe and one pair of flat sneakers. Together I think they only cost me $30. The dress shoe and the running shoe were each only $5! Gotta love those sales!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home